Monday, May 6, 2013

Crazyradio firmware with USB3.0 fix

In my last post, Arnaud (one of the Bitcraze guys) replied, informing me that they have fixed an issue with the Crazyradio on USB3.0 hosts!

I cloned the Crazyradio repository with 'hg clone', then fired up an Ubuntu 12.10 VM and installed the 'Small Device C Compiler':


sudo apt-get install sdcc

Performing a 'make' in crazyradio-firmware/firmware resulted in a binary: bin/cradio.bin .

I could have burned this image via SPI, but I have another Linux machine handy (a neat little Olimex OLinuXino with Python already installed), so I cloned the repository on that machine as well, copied over cradio.bin, and followed the instructions on the Crazyradio Wiki.

This flashed the latest Crazyradio code onto my device - and testing out on my MacBook Pro, it did indeed solve the "IOUSBFamily was not able to enumerate a device" issue!

6 comments:

  1. Any chance of getting that file from you? the cradio.bin?
    I'm at a bit of a loss for the compiling :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure, I put the bin up here:

    http://mikevoyt.com/crazyradio-firmware/

    -mike

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Join the world’s largest community of ethical hackers and start hacking today! Be challenged and earn rewarding bounties. Learn more! https://www.hackerone.com/for-hackers/how-to-start-hacking

    ReplyDelete